More about K.A.R.L.®
With this WebApp you gain access to K.A.R.L.®, the NatCat analysis system by KA Köln.Assekuranz Agentur GmbH (KA).
For each location worldwide, K.A.R.L.® can determine the risk from natural hazards:
- earthquake, tsunamis and volcanism
- flood and storm surge
- storm and tornado
- hail storm
- climatic conditions and water availability
- snow load
For that, K.A.R.L.® needs the geographical coordinates of the location, that shall be analyzed:
- Please press "Use current location". Prerequisite is that you have allowed the WebApp to use your location information and the GPS receiver of your mobile device is activated
- For a different location, you can enter its address, from that the WebApp determines the corresponding coordinates
- Under the input fields for address and coordinates is a map where you can check whether the correct location has been found
In order to obtain the analysis result, you need to proceed as follows:
- Enter your e-mail address to which the report is sent (report recipient)
- The e-mail address or at least the company-domain must be registered at KA
- Accept the general terms and conditions of KA
- Optionally, you can add a photo of the investigated location for the illustration of the result report
- Click on the Button „Get report“
After a few minutes, a detailed analysis report will be sent to the specified mailbox. This gives you a quick overview of the location, which prevents you from accidently overlooking a risk.
Whether a hazard becomes a risk depends on certain environmental conditions and the sensitivity of potentially affected buildings, goods or installations. Example: An earthquake can hardly hurt cars parked outside, but they are endangered by hail. In a building or under a shelter it is exactly the opposite. Such detailed results and information are provided by the following K.A.R.L.® offers:
With us, you gain decision-making and planning certainty for loss-prevention concerning natural hazards at existing or future locations, branches and production sites.